Thursday, May 24, 2007

NANCY DREW is coming!!!

My friend Steve has a blog here, it is called "I AIN'T NO OPRAH", and Steve certainly is not anything like the Queen of talk shows. Steve thinks I am a "girlie man", and, if being "sensitive" and liking what many people call "chick flicks" makes that so, well, just maybe I am that.
Anyway, when I was very young, my sister and I devoured all of the HARDY BOYS and NANCY DREW mystery books. They were just right for us at the ages of seven through nine, and Deborah is two years older than I, so I got to read her NANCY DREWs and she read my HARDY BOYS, until she decided that she was too old for them.
Now, Emma Roberts, niece of Julia, daughter of Eric, is going to be in the first of what I expect will be a series of movies about the diminutive sleuth.
I saw the preview for NANCY when I went to see SPIDER-MAN 3, well, I don't think the new NANCY has that much in common with the heroine written by "Carolyn Keene", actually the "ghost writers" of The Stratemeyer Syndicate,but it does at least use the familiar names of "Carson Drew", Nancy's Dad, and "Ned Nickerson", Nancy's boyfriend, according to The Internet Movie Database, at:

www.imdb.com

So, I see this as a good sign.
The movie poster featuring a large shot of young Roberts is very appealing, and is done in an old-fashioned design, which is interesting, since the movie is very 2007-ish, but, who would go to a NANCY DREW movie made today, if it was made as a "period piece"?
Roberts looks perfectly believable as the young investigator, and, even if "I AIN'T NO OPRAH" says I am a girlie man, I will be going to see this movie.
No jokes about the title of this entry, please, Steve!!!
;o)

No comments: